Friday, December 7, 2012

From the Empirical Archives: The Imitator by Alexandra Wilson



The Imitator
Alexandra Wilson
Originally Published in the June 2012 Issue of Empirical


I gaze into transparency
and behold is me
from which I cannot turn
In my palm I hold
-temptationbestowed
to me at birth
I cannot open my hand to let it free
I grasp the imitator that is me
Someone push on the tendon
to release my grasp
or must I suffer to the bottom
my hand then dwell with me
Please take my handmake
it white by red
Then I shall hold it
only to blacken it again


Be sure to visit the Empirical website to subscribe!

If you are a writer and are interested in writing for Empirical, check out this link to find out how to submit.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lena, it nicely reflects the internal struggle many face on a daily basis. If you wish to read more of our contributor's poetry and literary works, you can sign up to receive Empirical Magazine free for the first three months at the top of this page.

    -Nick@empiricalmag.com

    ReplyDelete